The School of Urban and Regional Planning (SURP) has partnered with the College of Engineering to provide off-campus access to a “Virtual Lab” of computers. This virtual lab provides students with remote access to SURP software applications and network resources.
Instructions on Access the Virtual Lab
- Browse to https://portal.eng.fau.edu/portal/
- Choose “Install VMware Horizon Client” (small application to install) to access the virtual desktop. This method provides the best performance as well as access to flash drive and local computer storage.
Choose the “Install VMware Horizon Client” method follow the below steps:
- Select “Go to Downloads” for a Mac or Windows computer. Download and follow prompts to install the client.
- Enter “portal.eng.fau.edu” in the “Connection Server” dialog box and click “Connect”
- Enter your FAU email and password. Domain should always be FAU. Click Login.
- Your virtual desktop will launch.
- After setup you can simply open the VMware client to access the virtual desktop.
If you have any issues connecting you the virtual desktop send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org