Doctor of Social Work – How To Apply
What items do I have to complete to apply for the DSW program?
- A completed University application (online)
- $30 application fee
- Personal statement & Capstone Proposal (Online)
- Three recommendations (Online)
- Current résumé or CV
- Information regarding your social work license
- Scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller’s Analogies Test (MAT) (within the past five years).
- For Foreign Applicants: TOEFL Score of 580 or IBT of 92-93
- An official transcript from every post-secondary school you attended
When do I need to have everything in?
The deadline is April 1 for domestic applicants, February 1, for international applicants.
Who should I use for a reference?
Your references should be either academic or professional sources. We do not accept personal references. You will need three recommendations (academic or professional references which are submitted via the online application process – at least two of the recommendations should be from advanced-level practitioners or educators (i.e., L.C.S.W., Psy.D., D.N.P., Ph.D., Nurse Practitioner, L.M.H.C., L.M.F.T., M.D.).
What should be in the personal statement & Capstone and how long should it be?
Directions for the personal statement are in the online application. There are specific questions you will need to address.
When can I start the program?
Students start courses in the fall only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click Here for answers to a list of frequently asked questions regarding the DSW application process.
Graduate Admission Advisement
For questions about admission into the DSW program, please contact Mr. Brandon Johnson (Doctoral Program Graduate Advisor) at 561-297-4137 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).