Child Welfare Institute
Mission and Areas of Focus:
- Partner with public and community-based child welfare agencies in the state of Florida
- Professionalization of child welfare workforce through university-community partnerships
- Extend the School of Social Work’s existing research, service, training, and education efforts in child welfare
- Apply for and secure new grants and contracts in research, service, training, and education in the field of child welfare
- Discover, analyze, and document emerging child welfare trends at the national, state, and local levels
- Establish and maintain partnerships with child welfare organizations at the national, state, and local levels
- Coordinate, collaborate, and streamline administration of a variety of faculty efforts in child welfare
- Enhance teaching and learning experiences through faculty and student involvement in applied research in the community
If you would like to contact the Child Welfare Institute, use the tool in the menu on the left side of this page.
Naelys Luna, Ph.D.
Director, Phyllis and Harvey Sandler School of Social Work
Florida Atlantic University
Marianna Colvin, Ph.D.
Director, Child Welfare Institute